Descriptions of our safaris can be found on the
Safaris Overview page.
What now? Plan your trip by letting us know..
- Your name, telephone number and mailing address
- If you are a pilot - your license and experience details
- When and how much time you can take off for a flying safari
- If you have preference for any of our premium safaris
- If you have a “wish list” and what it comprises
- How many in your party? (e.g. solo, couple, party of friends)
- Do you want to fly in a group or independently?
- Would you prefer for one our pilot-guides to ride along?
firstname.lastname@example.org the above information with as much background as
possible, and we will respond to your requirements and recommend the
best travel and safari options for your needs.
Let us know your location and we will supply past guests' contact
details for a reality check.
Seasons below historically benefit from generally good VMC for the safaris indicated.
(Don't forget, we are in the Southern hemisphere and our seasons are opposite to those in the North!)
Time of year:
General weather conditions:
Safaris best suited:
October - May
Spring, Summer and Autumn. Long days, comfortable, temperate weather conditions.
Generally good VMC.
April - September
Autumn, Winter and Spring. Shorter days, cool nights; frontal coastal weather; dry and good VMC inland.
DESERT & DELTA
Whilst the table indicates best seasons, our safaris can be flown at any
time, with some limitations to coastal flying at times of the year that
experience heavy frontal conditions.
Our mainstream Premium Self-Pilot Safaris reflect upscale tour
experiences: flying, on-the-ground
services, escorting, guiding and attention to detail. With
international exchange rates varying continually it is difficult to
define prices on this website accurately for a safari you might be
considering in the future. Prices are also affected by
seasonal variances and whether you are travelling in a group. Once we
know your approximate travel dates and your party make-up, we will
gladly draw up a quote for you. As a general guideline safari costs
range as shown in the table below and are fully inclusive once you
have arrived in South Africa.
No of Days
Guideline price per
couple/twin in US$
14 - 16
23 700 - 24 700
23 400 - 25 800
15 - 17
23 300 - 24 350
Desert & Delta
16 - 18
24 600 - 26 300
The pricing guide assumes two persons sharing a
regular PA28/C172 and double occupancy with full private facilities. (if a third person or child travels as passenger, the price for this person will be discounted, although there may be a
single supplement applied. Please advise your requirements when booking).
The costs we will quote you include, unless otherwise stated:
- Upscale double or twin accommodations with full private facilities
- all meals on safari, breakfasts at city hotels,
- all transfers and transport related to the core safari,
- selected premium excursions in game parks by night and
day, along the itinerary,
- full pilot’s licence validation program for one pilot (all
briefings, reference materials, airfields guide, required
literature, WAC charts, airport data, manuals, administration of
tutorials, airlaw and procedures, fees, couriers, facilitation
of the issuance of
your licence by the local authority),
- dry rental of a regular PA28 or C172 or similar category
airplane (based on sufficient time to cover the total direct
- all government and local authority permits, overflight
permissions and clearances,
- briefings relevant and prior to each leg on a guided safari,
- aerial photographs and diagrams of airfields you will be
- personalised and journey-specific cockpit-friendly Safari Flying Guide™
- all relevant WAC charts, Airfields Guide, Radio Frequencies
- pilots bag, T shirts and caps,
- pilot guide on guided safaris.
Additional costs you can expect to pay:
- airplane fuel (approx $5 - $6 per gallon),
- “user” fees (navigation, ICAO, landing, parking etc, $250 – 380 per airplane),
- deductible insurance ($20 - $70 per airplane),
- dual checkride time (approx $160 per hour),
- excursions or pre- and post tour accomodations and
- airplane upgrade
Discounts are applicable on tours where deposits are received outside 180 days prior to tour start.
B) Pricing for custom-made 'Independent'
Self Pilot Safaris:
A custom-made safari can be high-end or make use of moderate accommodations. Generally private game lodges are more costly and fully inclusive, whilst staying in smaller villages in a hinterland tour will be at lower cost but less wildlife oriented and
not fully inclusive.
Prices range from $480 upwards per person per day on tour. The price is dependent on which meals are included, the category of accommodations, if car rental is required, local excursions and many other factors. The final pricing
can only be determined once we have designed the routing to your requirements and satisfaction.
Once we have nailed down the details of your safari itinerary we will let you have the required documents to complete the reservation process.